Changing The Battery
The battery in our atomic timepieces is a rechargeable Lithium Ion 3.6 volt cell. It will last about 250 recharges. After that it will need replacing. We strongly recommend you return it to us to replace the battery.
The battery in our quartz watches is a CR2330 Lithium (3 volt) coin cell. It will need changing after a few years. (The exact battery life will depend on how you use the watch.)
The battery should be changed by a trained watch repairer who can perform waterproof testing:
- Unscrew back.
- Press the button on the movement at the 9-o'clock or 3-o'clock position for two seconds. (The status LED will flash when you release it.) This puts the watch in a low power mode. If you can change the battery within a minute, you will not need to reset the time.
- Unscrew battery clasp screw, taking care not to let the clasp spring up and fling the screw across the room. The screw was a human cannonball in a previous life, and it really wants to show you how good it is.
- Replace battery.
- Screw in battery clasp. If the status LED glows briefly, you did not change the battery quickly enough, and you'll need to reset the time. If it didn't glow, press the button for two seconds again, and normal operation will resume without needing to set the time.
- Screw on back, taking care that the back gasket is undamaged and in place.
- Test the watch with a waterproof testing machine.